19.7.12

Christmas Carol Murders in july

I´ve had the pleasure of reading a draft of the new crime novel The Christmas Carol Murders by Christopher Lord which will be published september 25,  2012.

You can read more about him and his work HERE

This novel is the first in a series of cosy crime novels set in the small town Dickens Junction. I´m not usually keen on cosy crime, but when I read about this novel I got curious and got the chance to read it in advance (Thank You!) It did not disappoint me.

The novel is a sort of old fashioned mystery novel a´la  Agatha Christie with a modern twist. I´m not going to tell you more because I don´t want to spoil it for you.

I liked all the Dickensian hints and name droppings and I was charmed by the way the author puts Ayn Rand in the story - very unexpected I must say, to mix Ayn Rand and a Dickensian cosy crime.

Perfect for an autumn afternoon with a nice cup of tea by the side.

I give it B B B B

A map of Dickens Junction



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar