2.9.12

Lambs of God by Marele Day

I´ve just read Lambs of God by Marele Day. It´s one of the novels I´ve chosen for the AWW2012 challenge.

I had never heard of Marele Day before hearing of this novel on the knitting community Ravelry. It was mentioned in one discussion of novels with knitting as a theme. Many participants recommended this novel, so I got curious.

I bought a used copy with a lovely cover.

It´s a very weird novel and difficult to describe. Three nuns live peacefully on a remote and deserted island together with their sheep. They breed sheep for food, wool and company. They live in a closed community dependent only of themselves, the sheep and God.

Something happens which changes their way of living and one part of the novel is quite suspenseful.

The story is of course about much more than what is happening in the monastery. It´s about life and and faith and how we deal with both of those things. It´s sometimes very funny and sometimes deeply sad.

I liked her language a lot. Poetic and vivid.

It´s a wonderful and thought provoking novel which will stay in my mind for a long time.

I give it B B B B 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar